Click column header to sort
GDIT is seeking a Research Associate II in support of the Naval Medical Research Unit at Fort Sam Houston in San Antonio, Texas (NAMRU-SA). NAMRU-SA is a major research and development (R&D) center whose mission is to conduct gap driven combat casualty care, craniofacial, and directed energy research to improve survival, operational readiness, and safety of Department of Defense (DoD) personnel engaged in routine and expeditionary operations. Research areas include expeditionary and trauma medicine, cellular and immune based adjuncts for casualty care, directed energy and bio effects, systems engineering and evaluation, epidemiology and biostatistics, environmental surveillance and biomaterials, and maxillofacial injury and disease in consonance with the mission of the Combat Casualty Care and Operational Medicine and Craniofacial Health and Restorative Medicine directorates at the NAMRU-SA. This position:
- Assists Government with administrative tasks, including preparation and revision of Performance Work Statements (PWS), IACUC and IRB protocols, proposals, manuscripts, report and presentation editing and review.
- Ability to coordinate the implementation of clinical research studies, including regulatory requirements, maintenance of study records and all activities associated with internal and external audits.
- Assists Government in ordering and maintaining inventory of supplies related to research under contract.
- Aids Government in drafting Performance Work Statements (PWS) for equipment and services related to research under contract.
- Ensures IACUC/IRB requirements are followed.
- Modifies and plan research experiment schedules, procedures, and tests.
- Ability to research and collect data through complex laboratory/scientific experiments, techniques, and procedures, library research, or through other means for research projects.
- Oversees the work of entry-level contract personnel.
- Assists with preparation for presentations and written published articles.
- Writes and edits material for publication and presentation.
- Reports on status of research activities.
- Oversees and instructs contract personnel on technical procedures, equipment operation, and laboratory maintenance.
- Schedules and coordinates research activities.
GDIT is seeking a Research Scientist II in support of the Naval Medical Research Unit in San Antonio, TX (NAMRU-SA). NAMRU-SA is a major research and development (R&D) center whose mission is to conduct gap driven combat casualty care, craniofacial, and directed energy research to improve survival, operational readiness, and safety of Department of Defense (DoD) personnel engaged in routine and expeditionary operations. Specific responsibilites include:
- Develops, leads, and conducts protocol-driven scientific research addressing various aspects of military medicine, including, but not limited to: hemorrhage and resuscitation, immunomodulation, biomedical systems, bioassay development craniofacial, infectious diseases and directed energy bio effects.
- Provides support in writing protocol-driven research proposals, animal use protocols, human use protocols, technical reports, final reports, and peer-reviewed manuscripts.
- Evaluates data sets (provided by the Government and collected by the Contractor).
- Develops various presentation materials and presents findings at technical and professional meetings.
- Prepares experimental subjects, set up experimental equipment, and aid in training and development of experimental subjects for experimental procedures in accordance with approved animal or human use protocols.
- Provides support in development of establishment of in vivo and in vitro model systems, data acquisition, and data analysis.
- Oversees contract personnel associated with research projects; manages research data.
- Performs surgical procedures on animal models for both survival and non-survival.
GDIT is seeing a Research Engineer in support of the Naval Medical Research Unit at San Antonio, TX (NAMRU-SA). Specific responsibilities include:
- Provides support in professional biomedical engineering functions involving medical research practices to support the laboratory’s efforts.
- Demonstrates knowledge of biomedical engineering principles, practices, and techniques.
- Coordinates all design phases with contractor personnel (lab/project managers, other engineers, and technical support personnel).
- Support the Government in direction of the integration, fabrication, and functional testing of systems after installation to insure that performance meets specifications and customer requirements.
- Resolves novel systems and design engineering problems which require the development of new techniques or the innovative application of new state-of-the art technology
GDIT is seeking a Program Manager in support of the Naval Medical Research Unit at San Antonio, TX (NAMRU-SA). NAMRU-SA is a major research and development (R&D) center whose mission is to conduct gap driven combat casualty care, craniofacial, and directed energy research to improve survival, operational readiness, and safety of Department of Defense (DoD) personnel engaged in routine and expeditionary operations. Specific responsiblities of the Program Manager include:
- Assists the Government in the following job duties; services shall not include inherently Governmental functions:
- Responsible for coordinating stakeholders for research program taskers.
- Provides recommendations on contract labor/manpower utilization and workflow to increase efficiency and productivity.
- Assists with the gathering of Government prepared documentation for contract actions and proposals and ensure completion in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Assists with various research related administrative tasks and tracks spreadsheets (dynamic Excel spreadsheets) based on purchases made by the Government and or the contractor for research related items associated with the performance of this task order.
- Maintains and organizes Government prepared research documents.
- Perform market research regarding development of study budget and provides to Government for decision-making.
- Ensure sponsored monthly, quarterly, and annual reports are compliant with sponsor guidelines and templates.
- Assists with training new contract Research Coordinators
GDIT is seeking a Program Coordinator in support of the Naval Medical Research Unit, San Antonio TX (NAMRU-SA). Specific responsibilities include:
- Facilitates information flow between program members, PI or Department Head.
- Provide recommendations to the Government regarding contractor labor utilization, contractor workflow, and contractor operational procedures to increase efficiency, productivity, overall improvements to support of this effort.
- Coordinates the decision-making process between all contract personnel.
- Coordinates and conducts in-house contract personnel actions and provides to contract personnel guidance and assistance as needed.
- Oversees project budgets and materials acquisition related to research under contract to ensure successful project completion.
- Aids in coordinating program monthly, quarterly, and annual reports.
- Tracks the progress of programs or projects for research performed under contract to ensure milestones and benchmarks are met.
- Provides support in writing protocol-driven research proposals, animal use protocols, human use protocols, technical reports, final reports, and peer-reviewed manuscripts.
Contract: I2TS 3
Position: Technical Writer (L3) Technical Editor Senior
Location: Fort Belvoir, VA
GDIT is seeking candidates to support the US Army Intelligence and Security Command (INSCOM). Under the I2TS 3 task order, INSCOM ensures reliable, uninterrupted availability of Command, Control, Communications, Computers, and Information Management (C4IM) including: networks, hardware, software, engineering, and specialized tools at the point of customer need to support INSCOM's mission. INSCOM and its MSCs provide the enabling layer to connect the Army and its tactical formations to defense and national intelligence agencies via tactical networks. The ability to provide mission critical intelligence is dependent on the successful use of its information technology (IT) networks worldwide.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
An I2TS 3 Technical Writer:
- Is responsible for the preparation, review, revision, and maintenance of technical documents including software and systems engineering, system operations, testing, and user documentation
- Writes and edits technical documentation for all of the project’s hardware and software to include installation, configuration and how-to documentation
- May need to create standardized and update templates for Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Tactics, Techniques and Procedures (TTPs) produces implementation guides and end-user guides for capabilities; provides field, data definition, and data flow documentation and formats technical publications from pamphlets, technical drawings, and consultations with technical-personnel and other available resources
- Writes technical copies for various types of documents for a program/project .
- Applies concepts for technical writing based on engineering drawings, technical information from engineering documentation, consultations with engineers and subject matter experts, and other
- available sources. May produce defense acquisition documentation, user manuals, training manuals, and other documentation utilized by the end-user community of DoD electronic equipment and systems.
- Collaborates with Technical Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to interpret and document engineering and maintenance drawings, operational procedures to understand and blend large quantities of computer related information.
- Researches highly technical subject matter, organize information from multiples sources, and express technical information in written form that is comprehensible to a wide audience of readers.
Skills / Experience:
- Knowledge of the principles and practices involved in technical research, writing, and editing
- Knowledge of and ability to use various word-processing and desktop publishing software applications
- Knowledge of the organization’s products and services, customer requirements, purpose and structure of required documentation, and end user’s level of understanding
- Effective communications skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Skills and Tasks. Exceptionally Complex - researches and evaluates new concepts and processes to improve performance.. Assists more junior level technicians, specialists, and managers in their activities. Can perform all tasks of lower level technicians, specialists, and/or managers.
- Leadership/Management. Works individually, actively participates on integrated teams, and leads multiple tasks, projects or teams. Oversees and monitors performance, and when required, takes steps to resolve issues.
- Guidance.. Provides guidance and direction to lower level technicians, specialists, and managers.
- Training and Certifications.
- Capabilities and additional Requirements. In addition to Standard Characteristics of Labor Category, work independently or lead teams preparing and maintaining highly complex systems, programming and operations documentation, procedures and methods. Provide expert oversight of technical writing and editing to all phases of acquisition and technical documentation for the Program, Project, or Contract. Act as project leader for projects with complex or voluminous documentation and may provide or coordinate special documentation services as required.
- Desired: Certified Professional Technical Communicator and ITIL 2011
- TS/SCI required
- Candidates must be willing and able to attain a CI Polygraph for certain positions as determined by the contract
- Travel may be required in support of the customer's mission
Designs and defines system architecture for new or existing computer systems
Supports customer logistics requirements through the analysis, organization, planning, and administration of various phases of day-to-day provisioning, spares, maintenance, and/or repair activities
- Work directly with DOS customer to address any issues or concerns
- Act as liaison between customer and vendors
- Design and implement quality control measures to ensure efficient processes
- Monitor and update shipping and recieivng of armored vehicle and defensive equipment and related assets
- Investigate inventory variances to correct on-hand carrying counts and identify root cause to recommend operational changes to eliminate future occurrence.
- Perform quality assurance activities to ensure systematic inventories balance and align between disparate systems
- Follows established policies, guidelines, and procedures to ensure quality and cost control.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
We seek an experienced Windows Application Developer to support our customer’s applications including design, coding, testing, implementation, and maintenance of new and existing applications.
The candidate must be experienced with research, design, development and modification of enterprise-wide systems and/or application software. The candidate must have excellent communication and documentation skills, and will be responsible for creating all related standards, operating procedures, and security documentation.
To be successful in this position you need to be collaborative and willing to work within a team. While you will need to be a self-starter completing tasks on your own, working together is critical in this role. You will be interfacing with the client and senior staff. Therefore, you should be articulate in your communications because your opinion matters. You will need to explain technical concepts in a way that is easily understood.
- With minimum guidance provide technical expertise, including performing in-depth and complex software systems programming and analysis.
- Develop and maintain software applications as required to meet internal organization requirements.
- Assist in the design of architectures to include software, hardware, and communications to support the total requirements as well as provide for present and future cross-functional requirements and interfaces.
- Apply software engineering efforts and programming support required to develop, implement, and maintain custom software applications that will support diverse sets of disparate data and information sources.
- Utilize enterprise tools (e.g. Remedy, ITSM, ArcSight, SharePoint etc.) as required. Customization within enterprise fielded solutions may be required to meet customer needs.
- Support the building, testing, evaluation, operation, and security of software system prototypes that demonstrate potential design solutions to satisfy operational and functional requirements.
- Perform systems hardware and software integration and testing, to ensure total operational and functional compatibility with interfacing/interacting systems, subsystems, equipment, and computer programs in accordance with DoDI 8510.01 Risk Management Framework (RMF) for DoD Information Technology (IT).).
- Assist in the design and coding of software product components, units, and modules according to detailed specifications.
- Participate in the design, coding, testing, and debugging of new software or enhancing existing software.
- Participate in the analysis and development of test plans.
- Analyze test results and recommend corrections.
- Participate in systems modeling, simulation and analysis.
- Troubleshoot problems and provide customer support for software operating system and application issues.
- Ensure applications are compatible and in compliance with the standards for open systems and DoD architectures.
- Determine and identify high level functional and technical requirements based on interactions with the user community and knowledge of the enterprise architecture.
- Identify, assess, and present options for meeting functional and technical requirements including software updates or upgrades.
- Formulate and define specifications for operating system applications or modify and maintain existing applications using engineering releases and utilities from the manufacturer.
- Interact with project management to plan project schedules and technical direction.
- Responsible for quality assurance review and the evaluation of existing and new software products.
- Create, manage, and monitor maintenance plans and procedures that take into consideration operating environment limitations (such as space, available resources, and operational tempo)
- Coordinate with systems administrators to provide support for a variety of COTS tools and technologies
- Evaluate and install new software releases, patches, and system upgrades
- Perform operations in a manner that minimizes impact on application downtime
- Plan, test, and implement initiatives to incorporate new technologies not currently present within the client environment
- Identify and troubleshoot application issues
- Coordinate with other teams to diagnose and correct issues
- Communicate with program manager and government leads as to the progress of open items and work with security specialists and other infrastructure resources as needed
- Interact with users and evaluate vendor products
- Provide advice and training to end users.
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned
- Participate in special projects as required
- Security and STIGs
- Support the Certification and Accreditation process
- Document, implement, and maintain system and database security policies in accordance with DISA STIG requirements
- Implement mitigations of security vulnerabilities in response to IAVAs
- Support auditing requirements
- Participate in the writing and updating of technical documentation such as user manuals, system documentation, and training materials.
- Define and oversee application development standards, controls, and procedures
- Create documentation required for Risk Management Framework (RMF)
- Complete planning and documentation prior to new integration or implementation
- Ensure that documentation is complete and up-to-date
- Maintain and document scripts and batch processes
- Provide weekly and monthly status reports
- Must have a minimum of a Top Secret clearance with SCI eligibility on hire and confirmed within JPAS.
- DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level II Certification (e.g., CompTIA Security+ ce) at date of hire
- DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level II Computing Environment (CE) Certification as determined by the Program Manager.
- If you start only with a Security+ ce, continued employment will be contingent on receiving the additional Windows certification within 3 months after your start date.
- CND-IS Certification (i.e. CEH, CySA+, GICSP, or SSCP – only one is required)
- If you start only with a Security+ ce, continued employment will be contingent on receiving the additional CND-IS certificate within 3 months after your start date.
- Client Site, Fort Belvoir, VA
- Core hours are 9-3pm. We have a little bit of flexibility with shift hours based on mission requirements (i.e., 7:00-3:30pm, 8:30am-5:00pm).
- Some flexibility may be required to cover when others are out of office and during maintenance windows.
- No alternate work schedules
- No telework allowed
Travel: Occasional travel may be required – normally less than 10%.
General Dynamics has an immediate opening for a Lead Computer Operator to join our Operations team. The position provides an opportunity to operate cutting-edge equipment on a system that supports some of our nation's fundamental defense services. The selected candidate will work on an operations team to ensure the system maintains a high degree of reliability and remains available for our customer's needs.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND TASKS:
- Work on a 24x7x365 operations crew - work 12hr Shifts
- Lead crew members in the execution of daily and routine procedures to maintain system state of health, responding to issues as they arise, or gathering pertinent information for troubleshooting
- Lead daily turnover, updates operations log on daily activity progress, and reviews all operator log entries for accuracy.
- Certify in multiple operator positions; knowledge based and on the-job training provided prior to certification testing.
- Coordinate with engineering subject matter experts to implement undocumented configuration changes and complex maintenance activities
- Work with the customer to understand and address their concerns accordingly
- Monitor system GUI's to ensure system equipment and services are operational, able to respond to system event notifications and concisely report events or system discrepancies
- Support integration and operation crew during system upgrades, testing, and maintenance
- Identify areas of process improvements to increase operational readiness
- Participates in the development of operational and engineering processes
- Participates in special projects as required
“This role is not yet funded
Analyzes, administers, and maintains telecommunications systems
This position is not yet funded.
GDIT if currently looking for an Associate Network Engineer. We are providing services to the 90th Cyberspace Operations Squadron (90 COS), located at Joint Base San Antonio-Lackland (JBSA-Lackland), Texas. The 90 COS is the U.S. AF's cyber real-time operations and innovation capability provider responsible for equipping the warfighter with offensive and defensive cyber warfare capabilities. The scope is to enhance and develop computer network data monitoring, threat detection, reporting, management, correlation, visualization, and tracking capabilities supporting AF Space Command (AFSPC), 24 AF, 67 Cyberspace Wing (67 CW) and 688 CW at locations world-wide.
Some experience with the design and devlopment and maintenance of offensive and defensive cyber warfare capabilities. 2 to 3 years expertise on cyber warfare, computer network security, cyber technology integration, and modeling and simulation. Experience in network defense solutions; network defense tools and services to support AF IA and information operations (IO).
Create/enhance hardware and software interfaces for IOP and other native cyber defense systems as required for meeting customer and/or 90 COS mission requirements .Explore, prototype, innovate, and integrate input acceptance, data processing, and reporting capabilities for IDS/IPS at multiple security levels.
Support the preparation of technical orders (T.O.s) for approved modifications to native cyber defense systems.
Quality assurance (QA) test procedures and perform QA testing for all system changes (enhancements, updates, developments, creations, methods, and improvements) and integration of third party applications.
Provide SME support for developmental tests, operational tests, field service evaluations, test readiness reviews, and test-related TIMs.
Performs financial analysis and reporting in order to monitor finances associated with business operations
Support Dept of Navy client billing associated with Foreign Miilitary Sales (FMS) Program support of international military students
Conduct reconciliation of international students and dependents associated with FMS Cases and/or medical insurance or country indemnificaiton
Interact with wide range of stakeholders and accountable parties to include client managers, Navy schools, Embassies and in-country sponsoring personnel
Provide customer support services for international military students and dependents under FMS Cases, Grant programs, and self-funded commercial medical insurance policies.
Accessibility and Accommodations
For Individuals with Disabilities, Medical Conditions, or Physical or Mental Impairments:
General Dynamics IT is committed to ensuring that our employment process is open to all individuals. General Dynamics IT provides reasonable accommodations to individuals who need assistance during any part of the employment process due to a disability, medical condition, or physical or mental impairment. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis.
• If you need assistance to navigate General Dynamics IT's Careers website or to apply for a position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703-995-3003. Please provide your contact information and let us know how we can assist you.
• If you are selected for further consideration and need an accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please notify your Recruiting Representative. Please note that this email address and/or phone number should only be used for inquiries concerning a request for accommodation. All other inquiries should be sent to email@example.com
to see your rights under the Family Medical Leave Act.
for a summary of your equal employment opportunity rights on the "EEO is the Law" poster.
to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement
GDIT participates in E-Verify. Download the PDF for more details
GDIT participa en E-Verify. Descargue el PDF para más detalles.
General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. It is the policy of General Dynamics IT to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under federal, state or local laws. We invite and encourage former employees to explore new opportunities with us. Rejoining the company can enhance newly acquired skills and build on the strong fundamental skills developed at General Dynamics. Employees that return to the company may be eligible for reinstatement of some benefits based on total years of service.