Click column header to sort
See SCA Directory of Occupations
Part Time drivers needed! 20 hours per week. Evening and weekend work may be required. Candidate will use maps and technology to plan routes and update dispatch on status of travel. May transport individuals or groups using a variety of vehicles. Must be comfortable with both city and highway driving. Maintain up to date knowledge of current traffic, parking, and safety laws. Proficient in operating telephone and two-way radio. Possess interpersonal skills. Experience in reading and interpreting maps, utilizing GPS. Basic knowledge of automotive maintenance. Conduct daily checks vehicle vital fluids and operational elements. Ensure vehicle is clean and maintained at all times. Ensure safety features are in working order. Vehicle certifications are current. Upon completion of run, will document passengers(likes/dislikes), arrival and departure times. Must have a "P" Passenger endorsement; clean driving required, and familiarity with wheel chair lifts and or willingness to learn.
Supports customer logistics requirements through the analysis, organization, planning, and administration of various phases of day-to-day provisioning, spares, maintenance, and/or repair activities.
Core Hours: 0600-1430. Contractor must possess some technical expertise to facilitate timely completion of complex acquisitions. Correctly identify and implement purchasing and shipping/transportation of items. Will be the focal point for procurement's, and expected to leverage all available resources to fulfill mission requirements. Develop creative solutions, integrate schedules, and ensure timely delivery for Center requirements. Mentor Administrative staff on procurement process. Coordinate with service providers for computer and phone installations/deinstallations . Process inventory requests. Validate receipt of goods and materials against requirements. Reconcile property discrepancies. Assists in the retrieval of information from various database to track and inventory items. Must possess a strong understanding of Asset Management, Procurement System, and Accountable Property system. Coordinate transpiration of goods. Coordinate vehicle maintenance. Order supplies, track credit card and account balances, and review bills/invoices. Schedule office maintenance. Responsible for moving office furniture/equipment.
Manages configuration and change management activities.
Tracks what is changing and its impact.
Tracks configuration items, updates configuration management system or configuration management data base.
Coordinates activities with the change and quality assurance managers.
Manage change to functional, allocated, and product baselines.
Perform configuration audits and reports.
Maintain configuration item tree and product breakdown list for systems.
Manage and review requests for changes and other statements of requirements.
Participates in control and change review boards.
GDIT is seeking an Sr. Information Security Manager.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.
This information security manager will ensure program compliance with the government’s acceptable risk safeguards and other documented security policy. The system scope includes a large scale data warehouse environment that integrates relational databases (Teradata) and a semi-structured distributed file system (Hadoop). In collaboration with systems administrators, external development teams, and government stakeholders, this position is responsible for directing junior/mid-level analysts, providing input on significant architectural changes, assess and document security risks, planning and tracking implementation of mitigating controls, and support a proactive security posture.
The successful candidate will:
- Build consensus among customer and 3rd party contractor technical resources.
- Engage with customer’s technical architecture review board to answer questions and evaluate alternative solutions.
- Support multiple concurrent projects that contribute achievable, measurable, incremental progress toward long term goals.
- Define metrics and dashboards to monitor progress against strategic objectives.
- Communicate complex ideas effectively, both verbally and in writing/diagrams.
- Support formalized analysis of alternatives.
1. Supports customer logistics requirements through the analysis, organization, planning and administration of various phases of day-to-day provisioning, spares, maintenance and/or repair activities.
2. Analyzes standard contractual documents, technical data, customer usage data, customer maintenance practices, customer operation characteristics, and related reports for assigned contracts to determine spares provisioning or maintenance/repair requirements.
3. Develops purchasing and supply chain management plans in order to enhance distribution of goods, supplies, and sustainment for hardware and software.
4. Follows established policies, guidelines, and procedures to ensure quality and cost control.
5. Conducts distribution and network studies, monitors inventory and analyzes requirements in order to develop strategies to achieve desired delivery times.
6. Provides guidance and work leadership to less experienced staff members.
7. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
8. Participates in special projects as required.
Monday-Friday, 6:00am-2:30pm - Close Support (Executive Level).
Required Skills: Experience with Tier 1 & 2 troubleshooting (hardware, software, video), Excellent written and verbal communication and customer service
Desired Skills: CMA
Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems
Location: Herndon. Secondary scrub required. Work summary: Customer is seeking expertise to assist with investigative efforts to identify and analyze all or part of a component's existing or new peripheral, network, and telecommunications systems requirements, taking into consideration the special technology needs. Candidate will establish functional and technical specifications and standards, solve hardware and software interface problems, define input/output parameters, and ensure integration of the entire systems or subsystems. Work with engineers, systems analysts, programmers, technicians, scientists and top level managers in the design, testing and evaluation of systems. Track/maintain Mission Departments technical support requirements for business areas, to include system acquisition, configuration, assessment and/or other related testing reports. Work to coordinate maintenance missions, document acquisition activities, system upgrades and recap efforts. Establish and maintain baseline functional and technical specifications/standards for each system deployed. Test and evaluate hardware and software to determine efficiency, reliability, and compatibility with existing systems, and make purchase recommendations. Manage and update master support schedule.
• Ability to estimate software/hardware acquisition, testing and delivery requirements to include tentative cost and schedule for each
• Ability to Analyze equipment performance records to determine whether adjustments need to be made
• Maintain logs related to network functions, as well as maintenance and repair records
• Ability to research new technology and implement it for recommend its implementation
• Ability to diagnose hardware and software problems and replace defective components
• Someone that is a recognized expert or certified practitioner with a particular computer language, system or technology that can not only deliver capabilities, but can mentor and train others.
• Experience specific to the skills and relevant training or certifications.
Designs and defines system architecture for new or existing computer systems
Performs all procedures necessary to ensure the safety of information systems assets and to protect systems from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction.
- Performs Computer Security Incident Response Activities for a large organization, coordinates with other Government agencies to record and report incidents.
- Monitor and analyze Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) to identify security issues for remediation.
- Recognizes potential, successful, and unsuccessful intrusion attempts and compromises through reviews and analyses of relevant event detail and summary information
- Evaluate firewall change requests and assess organizational risk
- Communicates alerts to agencies regarding intrusions and compromises to their network infrastructure, applications, and operating systems.
- Assists with the implementation of counter-measures or mitigating controls
- Ensures the integrity and protection of networks, systems, and applications by technical enforcement of organizational security policies, through monitoring of vulnerability scanning systems.
- Performs period and on-demand system audits and vulnerability assessments, including user accounts
- Prepares incident reports of analysis methodology and results.
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less experienced staff members and will have supervisory responsibilities.
- Serve as a technical team or task lead
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required
Specific Tasks include, but not limited to the following:
IA Compliance - Ensure all customer supports systems meet the DoD Cyber Security Risk Management Framework (RMF) and DoDI 8500.2, Intelligence Community Directive (ICD) 503, or the most current standards, and Air Force guidance that are applicable to cybersecurity operational and oversight management.
RMF- Supports and oversee all organizational systems through the RMF process. Track process, procedures, coordinates with Program Managers (PMs), and report to the Government Information System Security Manager (ISSM) and Cyber Security Liaison (CSL), as required.
Vulnerability Compliance Monitoring and support- Maintain, monitor, and assist Information Assurance Vulnerability Assessment (IAVA), IA Vulnerability Bulletin (IAVB) Technical Orders (TO), and Time Compliance Networking Order (TNCOs), requirements to ensure all systems are in compliance.
STIG Compliance - Ensure all STIGs apply to systems, software, and configurations. Report Results as required by Program Managers and Authorizing Officials (AOs).
Tempest - Ensure all supported systems and facilities comply with TEMPEST requirements.
Analysis of Networks/Systems/Workstations - provide monthly analysis of networks, systems, and workstations to potential vulnerabilities. Analysis shall include recommendations and corrective actions necessary to mitigate or eliminate vulnerabilities.
Insider Threat and Media Control - Ensure all media that is introduced to the customer space is accounted for in accordance with DoD, Air Force regulations, and local policy/instructions. Serve as a focal point for media control and distribution the organization.
Ticketing System - Utilize approved Air Force ticketing system (Remedy) to create, modify, resolve, and complete all work orders within the allotted service priority matrix. Utilize the approved JWICS/NSA ticketing system or helpdesk to report issues associated with JWIC/NSANet. Ensure all tickets are accurately annotated, reviewed on a daily basis, and re properly routed to the appropriate personnel/organization. Utilize existing problem prevention and workload reduction techniques. Recommend enhancements to existing techniques and recommend new techniques to Government Staff.
Reporting - Provide weekly report to the Communication Systems Officer (CSO) and Contracting Officer Representative (COR) of status of all supported systems within the organization and supported sections.
1. Sets up and operates fabricating machines such as shears, brakes, bending rolls, and punch and drill presses to cut, bend, and straighten sheet metal.
2. Shapes metal over anvils, blocks, or forms using hammer.
3. Sets up and operates soldering and welding equipment to join sheet metal parts.
4. Smoothes seams, joints, or burred surfaces using files and portable grinder or buffer.
5. Installs assemblies according to blueprints, engineering sketches, written instructions or manuals.
6. Inspects assemblies and installations for conformance with specifications, using measuring instruments such as calipers, scales, and micrometer.
7. Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
8. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff members.
9. Participates in special projects as required.
1. Performs a variety of complex administrative and analytical tasks in support of a contract program.
2. Develops plans, including budgets and schedules, and monitors tasks to meet contractual/project requirements for assigned program.
3. Establishes and defines program plan requirements and performs in-depth studies to determine optimum program plans.
4. Monitors and reports performance against plans to ensure contractual, cost, and schedule objectives are met.
5. Interacts regularly with customers and other industry representatives to ensure conformance to customer requirements.
6. May perform business development activities.
7. May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced employees.
8. Participates in special projects as required.
1. Develops detailed schedules, material requirements lists and production plans for products and/or production processes where the manufacturing process is variable.
2. Plans and issues schedules and material requirements.
3. Coordinates engineering, production control, purchasing and other applicable departments to achieve optimum utilization of resources in meeting production schedules.
4. Provides input to management regarding problems such as shortages, design changes, backlogs and the like.
5. Maintains all appropriate paperwork
6. Participates in special projects as required.
Accessibility and Accommodations
For Individuals with Disabilities, Medical Conditions, or Physical or Mental Impairments:
General Dynamics IT is committed to ensuring that our employment process is open to all individuals. General Dynamics IT provides reasonable accommodations to individuals who need assistance during any part of the employment process due to a disability, medical condition, or physical or mental impairment. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis.
• If you need assistance to navigate General Dynamics IT's Careers website or to apply for a position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703-995-3003. Please provide your contact information and let us know how we can assist you.
• If you are selected for further consideration and need an accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please notify your Recruiting Representative. Please note that this email address and/or phone number should only be used for inquiries concerning a request for accommodation. All other inquiries should be sent to email@example.com
to see your rights under the Family Medical Leave Act.
for a summary of your equal employment opportunity rights on the "EEO is the Law" poster.
to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement
GDIT participates in E-Verify. Download the PDF for more details
GDIT participa en E-Verify. Descargue el PDF para más detalles.
General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. It is the policy of General Dynamics IT to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under federal, state or local laws. We invite and encourage former employees to explore new opportunities with us. Rejoining the company can enhance newly acquired skills and build on the strong fundamental skills developed at General Dynamics. Employees that return to the company may be eligible for reinstatement of some benefits based on total years of service.