Click column header to sort
GDIT is seeking candidates to support the US Army Intelligence and Security Command (INSCOM). Under the I2TS 3 task order, INSCOM ensures reliable, uninterrupted availability of Command, Control, Communications, Computers, and Information Management (C4IM) including: networks, hardware, software, engineering, and specialized tools at the point of customer need to support INSCOM's mission. INSCOM and its MSCs provide the enabling layer to connect the Army and its tactical formations to defense and national intelligence agencies via tactical networks. The ability to provide mission critical intelligence is dependent on the successful use of its information technology (IT) networks worldwide.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
An I2TS 3 Service Desk Specialist:
- Provides first contact and incident resolution to customers with hardware, software, and application problems. Includes both customer telephone support as well as electronically submitted requests
- Provides polite and friendly customer service
- Attempts to resolve as many incidents during the first contact, or at Tier I. Efficiently escalates incidents to higher Tier II or Tier III when required
- Documents incident status and solutions in incident database tools.
- Possesses current working knowledge of computers, printers, laptops, and common windows applications
- Works through various types Tier II issues with telephone assist
- Provides answers to Frequently Asked Questions or solutions to common problems as part of a customer self-help capability
- Possesses comprehensive knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in computer troubleshooting and support
- Possesses comprehensive knowledge of desktop operating systems and applications
Desirable Skills / Experience:
- Perform STIGs & IAVA implementation for system devices, perform imaging of systems, CERP replacement, etc.
- Interact with customers on a daily basis to provide guidance on procedures concerning account requests, e-mail, home directories, file access/storage, and other local procedures as required to ensure mission success.
- Perform Level I/II Active Directory functions such as unlocking accounts, creating and issuing accounts, etc
- DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level II Computing Environment (CE) Certification as determined by the Program Manager is required prior to support on contract
- Required Baseline/Security Environment Certification: CompTIA Security+ CE or equivalent
- Required Computing Environment Certification: MTA 98-349, Windows Operating System Fundamentals
- TS/SCI required
- Candidates must be willing and able to attain a CI Polygraph for certain positions as determined by the contract
- Position may require lifting of objects (i.e. IT Hardware), reaching/bending/kneeling (i.e. plug in cables) and other moderately strenuous activity
- This is a 365x24x7 must be open to working holidays and weekends
This position is 3rd shift: 10PM - 6AM
We are looking for an Oracle DBAthat will help our team modernize a suite of web applications. Make your career soar at the Naval Air Warfare Center. Work on information systems supporting the weapons laboratories at the Navy’s Center of Excellence. Get experience in new technologies that will offer the growth opportunities you deserve!
Excellent salary plus a compressed schedule with alternate Fridays off
- Experience with all aspects of Oracle 11g or higher database administration including installation, configuration, upgrades, patching, migration, capacity planning, performance tuning, query optimization, backup and recovery.
- Experience hardening of databases according to DISA Secure Technical Implementation Guidelines (STIGs).
- Proficient with Oracle’s database admin tools / backup utilities such as RMAN.
- Ability to develop scripts to automate routine jobs.
- Proficient with network troubleshooting tools and techniques.
- Experience with change management including maintenance of multiple development, test, QA, and production environments.
- Able to support proactive database monitoring and issue resolution.
- Participate in project design and Oracle /database design decisions. Refine and troubleshoot the design.
- Create and maintain appropriate documentation about the database and the data architecture.
- Create database design and architecture documentation to support current and future Oracle database requirements.
- Able to provide debugging and code analysis support.
- Able to support implementation of application software releases and other related activities.
For more information on the location please see the following online videos:
Position requires a minimum of 6 years of experience as an Oracle Database Administrator.
Must be able to obtain a Secret DoD security clearance with SSBI
Security + CE or CISSP
Technologies/Tools; SQL*Plus, SQL, PL/SQL, Toad, Oracle database tools/backup utilities such as RMAN.
Seeking customer service centered help desk technicians to provide timely and professional Tier II support to users. (IAT-II)
To be successful in this position you need to be collaborative and willing to work within a team. While you will need to be a self-starter, completing tasks on your own, working together is critical in this role. You will be interfacing with users and senior agency staff. Therefore, you should be articulate in your communications. You will need to explain technical intricacies to end users in a way that is easily understood. You will need to maintain a high-level customer service focus, exhibiting expertise, courtesy, timeliness, and professionalism.
- Provide technical support and troubleshooting for software applications loaded on desktop and laptop computers that communicate to/from application servers and third-party support agencies
- Screen, refer and diagnose internal/external inquiries and work requests as they relate to support of related systems
- Provide end-user software troubleshooting and support
- Apply diagnostic techniques to identify problems; investigate causes; and recommend solutions
- Familiar with Microsoft Active Directory
- Provide phone and help desk support for local and off-site users
- Maintain internal knowledge base for Help Desk technicians and users
- Answer phones and emails in a timely manner
- Maintain printers and multifunction devices
- Create and maintain Windows 10 desktop/laptop images
- Maintain software and hardware assignments
- Participate in special projects as required
- Familiar with Release and Configuration Management concepts
- Use Remedy as the help desk software
- Proactively check help desk queue for new emails and create and assign Remedy tickets for those emails.
- Ensure that tickets are actively being worked on and updated, and that no tickets are unassigned
- Escalate tickets as needed.
- Ensure all tickets worked include the problem, the solution, the end user, initiation and completion time, and end user satisfaction.
- The resolution shall be in sufficient detail to allow another support technician, not familiar with the problem, sufficient information to resolve the same or similar problem without extensively researching the issue again.
- Notify the program manager of all VIP requests for support that require additional resources which result in a delay of resolution
- Identify training requirements or software fixes to correct any recurring problems identified in the database of user support.
- Create and maintain documentation
- Work with other members of the team to ensure that help desk documentation is complete and up-to-date
- Provide weekly and monthly status reports
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned
- Able to maintain a high-level customer service focus, exhibiting expertise, courtesy, timeliness, and professionalism interfacing with users and senior agency staff
- May need to lift and carry desktop equipment such as laptops, computers, and monitors
- More senior team members are expected to mentor junior team members, train new hires, do quality checks on tickets and contents, ensure tickets are appropriately assigned, ensure documentation is updated, and escalate issues to the program manager.
NOSC Monitoring Analyst
Please take this opportunity to join one of GDIT’s fastest long-standing growing programs! US Battlefield Information Collection and Exploitation System eXtended (US BICES-X) is a cutting edge program supporting DoD intelligence information sharing on current and emerging global threats to mission and coalition partners and emerging nations. With an internationally dispersed team supporting each combatant command, the US BICES-X team is in direct support of the war fighter and their missions. We are seeking a creative and driven professional with a passion for solving real world issues on a cross-functional, fast paced team.
Proactive Monitoring for all this systems and networks for IT Enterprise Operations utilizing tools such as SPLUNK and SolarWinds.
- Manages Microsoft SCSM incident queues, updates and provided follow up actions.
- Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems.
- Maintains system documentation
- Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
- Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
- May program in an administrative language.
- Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
- Provides advice and training to end-users.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Develop and maintain monitoring dashboards
**24/7 Position. Shift work is required.**
GDIT's Military Health Solutions is hiring a Research Portfolio Management Analyst to support the Research and Development Directorate (J9) of the the Defense Health Agency -Military Health System (MHS) and its research activities located in Silver Spring, MD. As the Research and Development Directorate of the Defense Health Agency, J-9 delivers value to the military and Veteran communities by shepherding innovative materiel and knowledge products from concept through final product development into the hands of providers and warfighters. We instill best business practices in the creation of these products with the aim to reduce practice variation, enhance pathways of care, improve health, and increase the lethality of a medically ready force.
Learn More About J9 HERE
In close collaboration with MHS research activities, the Research and Development (J9) Research Portfolio Management function provides cross-organizational coordination and management of Research and Development (J9)’s research portfolio throughout the research lifecycle, from concept to closure, in order to:
- Improve efficiencies and reduce duplication in research activities
- Provide additional audit services for budget and resource management
- Deliver legal and regulatory services related to research Technology Transfer, Human Subjects Protection
- Collectively optimize cost-effectiveness, while providing added value for the identification of innovative approaches and best practices.
- In support of these objectives and at the direction of the COR, the Contractor shall:
- Develop a database (using Microsoft Office suite) ISO Research (using Microsoft Office suite) ISO Research Portfolio Management which will track research and grant(s) income and expenditures across DHA. This centrally managed database may be hosted on SharePoint or a secure shared drive and shall visually display consolidated and/or specific data. This data shall be arranged on a single screen so the information can be displayed in a dashboard format (Deliverable 22). The initial plan for this database is due NLT thirty (30) DACA for COR approval before proceeding with development.
- Support the development, modification, updating, and coordination of Defense Health Agency business processes. Examples of these business processes may include, but are not limited to:
- Development of process and/or maintenance of, and/or improvement upon current process which facilitates research program accountability, communication, integration, collaboration and creation of a centralized research portfolio management function. This process shall include value maximization, balance considerations, mission alignment and KT pipeline balance
- Provide recommendations and subject matter expertise for the establishment of scientifically based process to evaluate, select and prioritize evidence-based research projects and protocols which address emerging research gaps
- Provide processes for the cross-organizational coordination and management of DHA’s research portfolio throughout the research lifecycle, from concept to closure
- Create a single strategic and requirements determination plan and implementation timeline for DHA’s Research Portfolio Management program (Deliverable 21). This plan is due NLT thirty (30) DACA.
- Identification and development of methods which streamline integration activities and/or capabilities between the Agency's research programs which preclude full visibility and transparency
- Develop processes to create or validate specific research budgets allowing for capturing reportable measures and/or audit services
- Develop criteria and processes whereby existing protocols and projects may be accelerated, eliminated, or de-prioritized, and those resources allocated/reallocated to the active protocols/projects
General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT) has an immediate need for a Java Developer to analyze, design, develop, implement, and support code; working under limited supervision; performing additional duties as assigned.
- Designs, develops, codes, tests, and debugs complex new software products, or makes enhancements to existing items.
- Researches and integrates design strategies, product specifications, development schedules, and user expectations into product capabilities.
- Resolves hardware/software compatibility and interface design considerations.
- Participates in highly complex projects with customers, managers, end-users.
We can only accept US citizens and or Green Card Holders.
As an IT Project Manager, the candidate will lead multi-disciplinary engineering project teams supporting AFSOF mission objectives. You'll be responsible for working with both contract and customer leadership to initiate, plan, execute, monitor and control, and close complex IT projects while meeting the day-to-day operational needs of the organization. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Providing technical, administrative, and operational management of assigned projects or tasks, including contract and subcontractor management from initiation to closing
- Supervising assigned project team members to ensure tasks are completed on schedule
- Participating in the development of technical project plans, proposals, reports, and task order and administrative reporting.
- Conducting planning and providing recommendations to client on task workload.
- Attending customer meetings and may serve as primary client liaison.
- Interacting with vendors, other agencies, and other client staff on behalf of the client.
- Ensuring quality assurance of project deliverables.
- Maintaining current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
Location: Cannon AFB, NM
The Mission Planning Systems Administrator (MPSA) - IT Specialist supports Special Operations Forces flight planning operations, facilitating Special Ops Operators the ability to deliver lethal effects. Qualified candidate will perform on-site installation, operation, and maintenance and system administration of the Special Operations Mission Planning Suite.
As a MPSA you will: Perform systems administration supporting the operation, maintenance, and installation of the Mission Planning Environment (MPE). Provide user support for numerous devices and maintain updated software/hardware configurations. Train users on software applications related to flight operations and threat environments. Troubleshoot MPE and explain solutions to users. Provide email / phone support (Tier II and Tier III) for mission planning systems deployed worldwide. Maintain network servers with current imagery and charts. Provide intuitive solutions for ever changing user support requests. Manage system updates for multiple flight planning systems for various MDS’ on a routine basis.
Typical duties include:
- Maintain installed systems with the most current Special Operations Mission Planning Environment (SOMPE) software configuration; includes upgrade installations, revision installation, replacements, monthly updates, and virus protection upgrades.
- Perform initial on site analysis of software and hardware problems found by user
- Maintain and update Geospatial Information Services (GIS) servers with the most current National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA) chart and other digital map data.
- Maintain mission planning deployment kits for offsite use.
- Maintain SOMPE fly-away laptops for daily use.
- Perform system and network administrator duties on systems configured in workgroups or domain controlled configurations.
- Support unit needs during exercises, daily training, deployments, and real-world contingencies.
- Conduct platform and one-on-one application use instruction.
- Conduct routine inventories and operational checks on Depot certified MPE systems.
- Adhere to software configuration management principles set forth by the AFSOC Depot or other applicable agency.
- Provide software maintenance in the form of inspections and tests of all network and user software prior to installation.
- Produce customized map and imagery loads for users.
- Assist the site lead and component representative with advice and /or analysis as required.
- Provide software and system expertise as local site subject matter expert on platform specific Mission Planning Environments (MPE)
**Position requires an in-scope TS/SCI clearance and polygraph.
Core hours 6am -6pm, 8 hour workday. Responsible for end to end management of the linguist requirements and candidate submission process, maintaining data integrity within the linguist database, and providing meaningful metrics and reports . Organizational skills and records management are a top priority. Utilize databases to pull reports and works with various customers to pull specialized report. Completion of SOPs may be required but will not be frequent. Assist with the on-boarding/off-boarding of contractors. Submit visitor request. Occasionally tasked with order supplies or maintenance ticket creation but this will be infrequent, travel support will be required and training can be provided if this becomes a responsibility. Maybe required to schedule ad hoc meetings but very infrequent.
The Systems Administrator – Intermediate, supports all Command and Control Mission Systems (C2MS), their associated software, hardware, configurations, and architectures as listed as part of the Specialized Automated Mission Suite (SAMS) family of system. Duties require Integrity, Dedication, and Commitment in support of Special Operations Forces to facilitate maximum lethality.
If you are the person for the job, we want to hear from you.
Functional duties include:
- Install, configure, test and maintain; server-based systems on multiple enclaves, distributed applications, and storage area network devices
- Monitor items required to ensure functionality of systems in garrison and at deployed locations
- Accomplish system-wide backups and data recovery to ensure continued operations
- Perform troubleshooting, fault isolation, root cause analysis, and provide corrective actions with validation of system operability
- Utilize enterprise tools to apply security patches and updates to include Information Assurance Vulnerability Assessments (IAVA), Time Compliance Network Orders (TCNO) and Time Compliance Technical Orders (TCTO)
- Document processes, incidents, changes, Authorized Service Interruptions (ASI), and submit reports in response to unscheduled outages
- Provide data for leadership Courses of Action decision briefings to address issues, projects, identified risks, implementation plans, and roll back plans
- Perform account life-cycle management to include creation, modification, and deletion of user accounts and system access
- Maintain baseline configurations and performs approved modifications
- Document work accomplished in the trouble ticket system, create records in a problem management or knowledge management database, and coordinate priorities with numerous functional areas to ensure timely completion
- Provide training and guidance to less advanced administrators as appropriate
- Applicants must have customer service skills which include the ability to meet goals in a timely manner, while being action-oriented, taking ownership, managing their time wisely and working effectively both independently and in a team environment
- The work is primarily performed in an office (cubical) environment with hands-on work in server rooms
Accessibility and Accommodations
For Individuals with Disabilities, Medical Conditions, or Physical or Mental Impairments:
General Dynamics IT is committed to ensuring that our employment process is open to all individuals. General Dynamics IT provides reasonable accommodations to individuals who need assistance during any part of the employment process due to a disability, medical condition, or physical or mental impairment. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis.
• If you need assistance to navigate General Dynamics IT's Careers website or to apply for a position, please send an email to email@example.com or call 703-995-3003. Please provide your contact information and let us know how we can assist you.
• If you are selected for further consideration and need an accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please notify your Recruiting Representative. Please note that this email address and/or phone number should only be used for inquiries concerning a request for accommodation. All other inquiries should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
to see your rights under the Family Medical Leave Act.
for a summary of your equal employment opportunity rights on the "EEO is the Law" poster.
to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement
GDIT participates in E-Verify. Download the PDF for more details
GDIT participa en E-Verify. Descargue el PDF para más detalles.
General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. It is the policy of General Dynamics IT to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under federal, state or local laws. We invite and encourage former employees to explore new opportunities with us. Rejoining the company can enhance newly acquired skills and build on the strong fundamental skills developed at General Dynamics. Employees that return to the company may be eligible for reinstatement of some benefits based on total years of service.