Click column header to sort
1. Researches, monitors and analyzes intelligence data and makes recommendations based on that data.
2. Interpret consecutively and simultaneously in the two official languages of the Organization (English and French), and also from a third language (Arabic), at high-level and very technical meetings.
3. Keep abreast of developments in the main areas of the Organization's work and study the subject matter for discussion at specialist meetings.
4. Develop and maintain a strong presence in the wider interpretation network (schools and institutions, other international organizations etc.
5. Assist the Head and the Deputy Head of Division with all activities related to the provision of interpretation services for TO AFRICOM.
6. Act as a team leader for meetings as well as for ministerial conferences or outside meetings.
7. Act as an intermediary between the interpretation Division and the organizers to supervise the material and technical organization of the meetings.
8. Participate actively in team work of the staff interpreters (such as preparing terminology, providing assessment of Freelance colleagues and feedback for other staff interpreters, providing technical feedback on audio visual equipment…).
9. Oversee the interpretation administrative unit in the absence of the Head and the Deputy Head of Division
10. provide reliable and coherent interpretation services within different settings, in both of the official languages: from French into English, from English into French and from a third language, Arabic.
11. Participates in special projects as required.
12. This position may be required to complete short-term deployments.
The above job description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job.
Requests for reasonable accommodations will be considered to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the principal (essential) functions of this job.
General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer – Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
#BICES and #CJPOST
**Position requires an in-scope TS/SCI clearance and polygraph.**
Performs a variety of general administrative tasks in support of the day-to-day operations of an office, group or customer.
Hours: Third Shift (no shift differential), 9pm -7:30 a.m., Sun thru Wed (10 hr days for 4 days)
*Candidate will be a part of a nine-person night shift Production Operations team; supporting the electronic publishing and dissemination of mission related material
*Position is mission critical and candidate should display maturity, self-motivation, and a level of comfort using electronics
*Candidate must be reliable and dedicated to the mission and show support of fellow team members
*Candidate will independently review articles for accurate classification/portion marking and will cross reference sources
*Candidate will be required to rapidly navigate two or more systems to verify user accesses and rights
*Candidate is expected to protect all customer information and data acquired during preparation from unauthorized release and employs the "need to know" principle
*Candidate will coordinate tasks with other team members, and other stakeholders in the workflow process
*Candidate will be cross-trained to perform other team duties and is expected to back-up other team members as directed by staff officer
1. Performs a variety of general administrative tasks, such as preparing reports and correspondence, coordinating travel and meeting arrangements, answering phones, filing, and sorting and distributing mail, in support of the day-to-day operations of an office, group or customer.
2. Compiles and analyzes various contract, program, and financial data using various database programs, and prepares monthly status reports based on the results.
3. Collects and inputs timesheet information into automated accounting system and processes labor corrections.
4. Processes purchasing requisitions, invoices for consultants and subcontractors, and travel and expense reports.
5. Serves as point of contact for the office or group on issues related to accounting, human resources, purchasing, and other departments, as well as external contacts such as customers, vendors, and subcontractors.
6. Provides work leadership to less experienced clerical and administrative personnel, and may have limited supervisory responsibilities.
7. Participates in special projects as required.
Manages and is responsible for the successful completion of all tasks in assigned project.
Provides technical, administrative, and operational leadership to assigned projects and tasks. 1. Performs a variety of complex administrative and analytical tasks in support of a multitude of contracts within a business area. 2. Maintains staffing matrices for programs across the business area, and provides weekly updates to management.3. Conducts staffing meetings on at least a weekly basis, and assigns priorities to the recruiting team.4. Collaborates and works closely with other functions to include Contracts, Subcontracts, Security, Human Resources and Finance.5. Schedules regular meetings with program managers to triage staffing needs for their programs.6. Manages two different staffing processes, and creates requisitions in two separate databases.7. Serves as a liaison between the recruiting team and program management team.8. Drives business operations by monitoring the progress of projects, tasks, requisitions, offers, proposals etc.9. Creates staffing matrices and builds resumes for proposal efforts as assigned.10. Reviews future project requirements and develops strategies for future work.11. May also perform services on assigned tasks.12.Coordinates development of deliverables and products.13. Ensures quality assurance of project deliverables.14. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.15. Participates in special projects as required.
Performs installation, maintenance and repair of telecommunications systems.
1. Performs routine tasks involved in the installation, maintenance and repair of voice, data and wireless communications systems.
2. Participates in the maintenance of telecommunications equipment and the installation, rearrangement, and removal of equipment and associated wiring.
3. Participates in the testing, location, and repair of equipment problems associated with trouble calls and performs routine maintenance.
4. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
5. Participates in special projects as required.
See SCA Directory of Occupations
Additional LOE maybe required depending on number of moves. Core Hours: 0700-1530. Will determine the safest loading procedures for materials loaded or unloaded. Must have the ability to understand SON's and labels. Validate material contents against manifest and items are properly accounted. Inspect all received shipments for damage. Will sort, stage, and store material movements for next destination. Must receive and maintain a forklift certification. Demonstrate basic computer skills and ability to navigate sponsors databases. Desired: prior experience moving oversized material. Willing to work after hours to complete moves. Willing to work in alternate locations to accommodate office move requirements
Provides installation, maintenance and troubleshooting support of information systems applications and related peripheral hardware.
1. Monitors and responds to hardware and software problems utilizing a variety of hardware and software testing tools and techniques.
2. Installs and configures applications software and related hardware (such as desktops, servers, and related peripherals like printers, scanners, drives, monitors and video teleconferencing hardware).
3. Provides software and system troubleshooting and support.
4. Provides technical support and training to end-users.
5. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
6. Participates in special projects as required.
U.S. Top Secret Clearance
This is an Emergency Essential Civilian (EEC) positions.
This position offers an exciting opportunity supporting a dynamic, real-word mission in Seoul, South Korea. Often called "the Land of Morning Calm," South Korea is an exciting place to be as it provides numerous opportunities for you, your family, and friends to experience a great diverse culture of people, activities, and friends. Additionally, being located in South Korea lends itself to the convenience of being able to travel and visit surrounding countries, such as Thailand, Japan, Singapore, etc. This is truly a unique opportunity.
Provides technical, administrative, and operational leadership to assigned project or tasks.
This position is responsible for managing multiple tasks and several medium to large projects and may be responsible for supervising up to 15 employees ' both exempt and non-exempt.
- Works closely with the Senior Project Manager to provide C4I customers with courteous, professional, expert on-site technical, administrative, and operational management of assigned project or tasks, including contract and subcontractor management.
- Participate in Integrated Process Teams (IPTs), Configuration Management Boards, Resource Management Boards, working groups (WGs), technical exchanges, and other management meetings and reviews to assist with planning for, integrating, and installing Engineering and Technical Solutions, new technologies or configuration changes to Mission Command networks and systems.
- Provide documentation in support of the IPT.
- Develop and maintain a Project Plan for each Engineering and Technical Solution (when deemed necessary by the Government).
- Develop and maintain project management products such as schedules and milestone charts as it pertains to Integration and Installation of Engineering Solutions and Technical Solutions to accomplish projects.
- Prepare and present slides/reports associated with Project Management and brief Project Management milestones and statuses at weekly recurring Government meetings or as required.
- Coordinate with the responsible Government project advocates and gather information from various Government stakeholders as well as subordinate organization and other contractors to accomplish this task.
- Coordinate with Government security personnel to develop necessary documents with respect to projects.
- Track all designated Fast-Track priorities and provide a daily status to the Government.
- Track all Advanced Technical Solutions (ATS) generated products as part of all ATS-supported projects.
- Ensures quality assurance of project deliverables. Assist the Quality Manager in tracking all contract deliverables.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
See SCA Directory of Occupations
Candidate will work 0730-1600, additional hours and weekend work are available from time to time, not mandatory.
Will determine the safest loading procedures for materials loaded or unloaded from moving vehicle.
Capability to understand SONs and understand the labels.
Will learn how to validate the material contents against packing list/manifest against all units of measure to include individual pieces, boxes, and skid are accounted for.
Inspect all received shipments for any damage before signing for material.
Learn and perform all sorting, staging, and storing of material.
Must receive a forklift certification within 45 days of start date and maintain certification.
Demonstrate basic computer skills.
Fabricates; installs; maintains; and repairs electronic; mechanical; and/or other types of components and equipment related to Submarine Periscope and associated Imaging Systems. Specific work is related to Type 18, Type 8, Photonics Systems and Electronic Warfare Systems.
1. Installs; maintains; repairs; overhauls; troubleshoots; modifies; constructs and tests various types of electrical; electronic; and/or mechanical equipment and related devices.
2. Applies technical knowledge of electronics principles in order to put equipment in operational condition and solve moderately complex problems.
3. Troubleshoots and corrects malfunctions using specialized test and diagnostic equipment.
4. Applicants should know how to work with RF/Microwave Network Analyzers; Spectrum Analyzers; RF Signal Generators; Power Meters; and similar diagnostic equipment.
5. Proficiency with hand tools and soldering of electronic connections or components.
6. Makes recommendations for improvements or modifications to correct problems.
7. May provide operation/maintenance instruction to customer personnel.
8. Performs preventative maintenance.
9. Ability to interpret and work from test specifications; diagrams; assembly drawings and schematics.
10. Participates in special projects as required.
Films products, persons, buildings, machinery, equipment, parts, and other subjects
Employee will reside on each designated MSC ship during deployment, generally located in or in transit to 5th, 6th, or 7th Fleet operating areas who is capable of providing 24-hour photographic and videography services while underway on a designated vessel using hand-held DSLR cameras, lenses, and a range of accessories (detailed in paragraph 8 below) provided as Government Furnished Equipment (GFE) in support of OPTASK VI. These camera systems have sophisticated firmware that allows for a wide range of exposure and light sensitivity settings as well as other features that allow VI Specialists to accurately and consistently capture images in all lighting and environmental conditions, especially when mated with light enhancement adapters (e.g., night vision). VI Specialists should also be familiar with, and capable of transferring still photos and Full-Motion Video (FMV) from personal cameras and devices (e.g. cellphones, tablets, GOPROS, etc.) to a laptop computer using a secure digital card. VI Specialists must complete a certification exercise at MSC Headquarters prior to assignment; the certification entails the ability to capture and transmit VI, using GFE, within 40 minutes and then create a story board using Microsoft PowerPoint.
The United States Department of Defense (DoD) and United States Navy (USN) leadership has directed that all operational naval units possess the capability to collect VI on events that meet reporting requirement criteria and transmit that VI to numbered fleet MOCs within one hour, or less depending on specific operational directives, of the reportable event. In addition, a narrative and any amplifying information are required within 24-hours of the reportable event. The VI mission is characterized as "no-fail," therefore trained personnel must be available 24/7 while a designated vessel is at sea.
MSC ship communications bandwidths do not allow for the transmission of large photo and video files. In order to meet VI mission requirements, MSC has procured proprietary technology that compresses and segments large files and transmits those files to the Cloud in a playlist format that is then reconstructed and made available to designated recipients. In addition, CIVMARs do not receive Intelligence Specialist (IS) or MC equivalent training, nor is there a surplus of off-watch personnel available to perform the VI mission. MSC must therefore, contract for personnel with the requisite skills, train them on the unique MSC VI system and VI requirements, and embark these personnel on deployed ships.
See SCA Directory of Occupations
core hours 7:00am-4:00pm. Responsible for the disassembly and inspection of all Government property to ensure no materials contain classified information. Ability to use hand tools and/or equipment related to disassembly or sanitization of equipment. Able to lift minimum of 70 lbs. Willing to obtain a forklift certification within 45 days of employment. Safely transport various material sizes and weights. Sort, stage or store materials accordingly
Accessibility and Accommodations
For Individuals with Disabilities, Medical Conditions, or Physical or Mental Impairments:
General Dynamics IT is committed to ensuring that our employment process is open to all individuals. General Dynamics IT provides reasonable accommodations to individuals who need assistance during any part of the employment process due to a disability, medical condition, or physical or mental impairment. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis.
• If you need assistance to navigate General Dynamics IT's Careers website or to apply for a position, please send an email to email@example.com or call 703-995-3003. Please provide your contact information and let us know how we can assist you.
• If you are selected for further consideration and need an accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please notify your Recruiting Representative. Please note that this email address and/or phone number should only be used for inquiries concerning a request for accommodation. All other inquiries should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
to see your rights under the Family Medical Leave Act.
for a summary of your equal employment opportunity rights on the "EEO is the Law" poster.
to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement
GDIT participates in E-Verify. Download the PDF for more details
GDIT participa en E-Verify. Descargue el PDF para más detalles.
General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. It is the policy of General Dynamics IT to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under federal, state or local laws. We invite and encourage former employees to explore new opportunities with us. Rejoining the company can enhance newly acquired skills and build on the strong fundamental skills developed at General Dynamics. Employees that return to the company may be eligible for reinstatement of some benefits based on total years of service.