Click column header to sort
- Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems
- Helps maintain the integrity and security of servers and systems
- Maintains system documentation
- Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products
- Coordinates hardware and software installation and provides backup recovery
- Monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources
- Participates in systems testing and document results
- Provides advice and training to end-users
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned
- Participates in special projects as required
- Monitor IMS and reporting incidents with directives
- Report, Monitor and update Outage tickets hourly
- Report, Monitor and update VIP tickets hourly
- Report, Monitor and update COOP events/activities hourly
- Report, Monitor and update weather events that impact services
- Monitor AMs/DMs to determine possible impacts to operations of services
- Monitor and clean-up orphaned tickets
- Monitor and enforce compliance of Incident Management Policy
- Maintain Incident Management policy
- Work to improve situational awareness
- Monitor and facilitate resolution of tickets older than 30 days
- Monitor and facilitate tasks for the Problem Management team
- Control, disseminate and monitor ticket queues
- Draft Service Maintenance/Outage/Restoral Announcements
- Facilitate the creation and submission of after-action reports for major incidents and outages when applicable
- Communicate and coordinate with Incident Managers and/or representatives from other contracts when necessary
- Exercises independent judgement and decision making.
- Participates in special projects as required.
Seeking an IT Engineer with Microsoft Enterprise Systems Administrator experience to join our team in support of a Federal Intelligence Agency contract. Primary responsibilities include providing Tier 2 support and maintaining multiple large Enterprise environment that spans CONUS and OCONUS boundaries. The supporting infrastructure includes multiple Microsoft based networks spanning multiple security enclaves within a hybrid (Windows & RHEL) environments.
System Administrative duties to include management of Windows and Linux workstations on EVDI and physical
- Troubleshooting application functionality, crash and performance
- Investigate user performance and work with external teams to improve user experience
- Assist customers with Tier2 incident resolution for Linux and windows applications.
- Provide remote end user desktop support
- Identifies, analyzes, and resolves system incidents with both short-term workarounds and long-term solutions. Responds to escalated service desk/team requests.
- Communicate effectively (in oral and written form) with a variety of individuals; work well within small and large team environments.
- Participates in special projects as required.
We are seeking highly motivated engineers with a thirst for learning, in support a geographically dispersed, state of the art systems, that seamlessly integrate Linux and Microsoft services. Positions will provide engineering support to multiple WAN connected sites, with data flows crossing various controlled interfaces, and will follow specific IT project management and engineering lifecycle processes. Engineers will be responsible for supporting their solutions throughout the IT project lifecycle, to include refining requirements, creating design documentation, creating installation instructions and deployment plans, and providing O&M support. Project assignments will vary based on skill level, and may include engineering geographically dispersed services, integrating services into public, private and hybrid cloud environments, engineering solutions to be deployed via automated CM tools, and hardening the solutions to address security and SCAP compliance.
Designs and defines system architecture for new or existing computer systems.
- Performs complex systems development and design work that may include logic design, I/O design, firmware development, model formulation, manufacturing and development cost
projections, computer architecture analysis and design, and analog or digital systems engineering.
- Performs systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.
- Participates in the upgrading of operating systems and design of systems enhancements.
- Provides input for documentation on new or existing systems.
- Develops and conducts tests to ensure systems meet documented user requirements.
- Identifies, analyzes, and resolves system problems.
- Provides system/equipment/specialized training and technical guidance.
- Determines system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
- May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced systems engineers.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as assigned.
GDIT’s Federal Civilian division is seeking a Contracts Administrator, who will be responsible for administering a portfolio of contracts within a Sector of the Federal Civilian Division. GDIT is looking for an individual with a proven track record of managing complex contract vehicles of varying type primarily within the areas of Information and Technology (IT) Services and Solutions and Professional Services.
Task and responsibilities in this role include, but are not limited to the following:
- Administers contracts including negotiation, correspondence, documentation, certification, financial reporting and product delivery for major contracts in portfolio.
- Ensures internal contractual compliance with relevant terms and conditions and compliance with designated management objectives.
- Negotiates contracts, including price, terms, and conditions, and reviews subsequent contractual documents for legal sufficiency prior to execution.
- Serves as point of contact with internal departments concerning specific contract questions, issues, and problems.
- Reviews requests for proposals and participates in proposal color reviews.
- Reviews solicited and unsolicited proposals for submission to customers.
- Reviews and negotiates various types of agreements.
- Interprets contractual work requirements and obligations from Proposal to close out.
- Makes recommendations and provides advice regarding contracts implementation.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant contractual procedures and practices.
- Maintains, updates and communicates bid and proposal information
- Initiates and maintains a network of communication with contracting specialists/officers
- Participates in program reviews, status briefings and customer interaction with the CO is involved.
- Participates and offers opinions on proposal and program strategy.
- Participates in special projects as required.
Performs all procedures necessary to ensure the safety of information systems assets and to protect systems from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction
The New Campus West (NCW) was established to provide infrastructure services for a new data center facility. The ITEMS DCS A&A Team delivers secure networked solutions in order to protect mission essential information within the NCW.
General Dynamics Information Systems (GDIT) is seeking a Security Engineer to provide expert technical services on all aspects of Information Security. Responsible for writing information security policy drafts, writing and reviewing Memorandum of Agreements and coordinating and managing all aspects of the Certification and Accreditation. Advise and assess system design/architecture as well as defining, designing and evaluating information security systems. Manage multi-agency information sharing and integration security. Maintain affiliations with high-level personnel at multiple agencies and organizations involved in Information Security. Tasking includes incident response, system access approval, audit log review, Configuration Control Board and daily consultations/consulting on a wide variety of security issues. Report, document and investigate all security related incidents; assist with development and implementation of corrective measures.
Candidate must have knowledge of and experience with ICD 503 and be familiar with Cloud Infrastructure/AWS-based solutions.
Candidate must possess IAM II certification to start in accordance with DOD 8570.1M. This position is defined as in 8570.1M chapter 4, pg 35. Candidate is required to understand how our customer's RMF process work and how systems security requirements will be met.
Candidate will work with all IT groups to build IT systems with security planned from the start. Work with developers, system engineers, project managers, and users to identify the level of protection systems will need. Understand and be able to identify what group or process will satisfy security requirement.
- Act as the representative of the Information System Security Manager ensuring compliance with IS security procedures.
- Support efforts to operate, maintain, and dispose of information system materials in accordance with security directives, policies and practices and as annotated in Systems Security Plans.
- Generate and implementation of requisite security training ensuring user security awareness of responsibilities prior to system access.
- Initiate protective and corrective measures when incident or vulnerabilities are discovered.
- Ensure IA hardware and software complies with security configuration guides.
- Implement and enforce IA policies and procedures as defined by A&A documentation.
- Ensure users are aware of their IA responsibilities.
- The ability to work on multiple projects/tasks at once and operate in a dynamic, fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Perform Operations & Sustainment (O&S) functions for the NCE network security infrastructure (firewalls, web gateways, mail gateways, ids, load balancers, performance monitoring tools, mgt systems, etc)
- Perform maintenance and/or advanced configuration of equipment in order to protect the network from emerging cyber threats
- Experience with Cloud Infrastructure/AWS-based technology
- Experience using security tools such as ACAS, HBSS, Carbon Black, Tanium, RedSeal, and EMET
- Conduct forensic traffic/log analysis to isolate issues or respond to analyst alerts
- Respond to escalated troubleshooting requests
- Maintain and administer network infrastructure standards, documentation and fault tolerance
- Present Monitoring/Test Results and Reports as required
- Perform/support integration testing as required
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Ability to review Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&Ms) and conduct a technical decomposition categorization, remediation, and lien resolution
- Execute remediation process to implement technical solutions to address vulnerability findings via ACAS security scan.
- Experience installing, hardening, deploying, documenting, and troubleshooting network perimeter security technologies.
- Experience and scripting ability on Unix and/or RHEL OS
- Experienced with complex Microsoft macros, and PowerShell scripts
- Basic understanding of Windows Enterprise AD architecture and VMWare Virtualization
- Must be proficient in network routing/vlan technology
Performs non-routine administrative and analytical tasks in one or more business support functions within the organization
Bachelor’s Degree in Business or administrative-related field and a minimum of seven (7) years of relevant experience as an administrative professional; or an Associate’s Degree in Business or administrative-related field and a minimum of nine (9) years of relevant experience as an administrative professional.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience working within the IC performing the Contractor Performance Requirements listed in this SOW for this labor category.
- Demonstrated successful use of MS Office Suite applications at Advance level to complete routine to highly complex tasks.
Expected to execute dock and lift gate safety at all times. Training is provided for all equipment, processes and procedures. Understanding of Shipping Order Numbers (SONs) and labels, validate material received against packing lists/manifests. Ensure all contents are properly accounted for. Inspect all received shipments for damages before signing for material and report any damage as appropriate. Will perform sorting, staging, and storing of material movements for the next destination. Must receive forklift certification within 45 days and maintain certification. Update databases. Basic computer skills. Prior experience moving over-sized material is a plus. Willingness to work in alternate locations to accommodate relocation/office move requirements. Willingness to work after hours to complete office move requirements.
Core Hour 0630-1500. Operate tractor-trailers with box trailers up to 53 feet long, flatbed and roller-beds, box/straight trucks, cargo vans, Doubles and Triples. Infrequently, may be asked to drive oversized load. Drivers must continuously demonstrate safe driving and material handling skills, and adhere to local, state and federal driving regulations. Proficient in the use of general material handling equipment to include:pallet jacks, hand-trucks, J-Bars, forklifts, crow bars, stretch wrap dispensers (manual and automatic) and tape dispensers, and truck related equipment, such as: cargo tie-down straps, chains, tarps, crow bars, roadside flares, and all associated truck equipment and GPS and other satellite transponders. Drivers must follow specified routes, to include HAZMAT routes as required. Drivers must have the ability to lift items weighing up to 70 pounds.
Potential overtime required. Core hours 6:30am - 3:00pm. Experience in warehouse operations; experience with forklift operations, experience with industrial power tools to include pneumatic nail guns, experience with carpentry/woodworking, experience in measurements, weights and sizing; possess basic math skills; possess basic computer skills; have an ability to identify, certify, and pack hazardous material in compliance with DOT regulations; experience in handling chemicals, i.e. Insta-Pak machine; ability to lift 70 pounds; Must be able to stand 8 - 10 hours per day; overtime 2 - 3 nights per week; able to work in a team environment and without direct supervision. Safety awareness is a must. Personal protection equipment is required. Safety shoes are required and must be worn for work day 1. Familiarity with logistics terms, line operations and knowledge of packing in accordance with various modes of shipping. Experience in oversize crate making/woodworking is a plus.
Core hours 0700-1600. Packer/crater performs all established packing steps for a wide variety and high volume of standard, routine materials, such as electronic and computer equipment, construction material, administrative supplies, and medical items. Will utilize the resources available, such as foam cushioning, bubble wrap, shrink wrap, etc., to ensure secure packing of material inside of wooden crates. Packer/crater assists with the measuring and cutting of wood and assembly of the entire crate used for packing non-standard items such as vault doors, small generators, communications equipment, vehicles of varying types and sizes, etc. Packer/crater should have basic proficiency in the handling of machinery and tools used the construction and/or handling of crates and cargo. Candidate should have some knowledge of HAZMAT regulations. Packer/crater performs routine, standard maintenance on machinery on an as needed basis.
Potential overtime required. Show clear understanding on packing procedures. Able to work independently. Basic knowledge and ability to utilize table saw and other heavy machinery. Ensure secure packing of material using available resources. Assist with developing designs and plans for constructing structures for secure shipment. Expected to measure cargo and packing material to determine appropriate dimensions to create right sized cartons for packing material. Ability to handle fast-paced, changing environment. Adapt to changing schedules/priorities. Able to utilize basic mathematics when making machine and constructing crates.
Accessibility and Accommodations
For Individuals with Disabilities, Medical Conditions, or Physical or Mental Impairments:
General Dynamics IT is committed to ensuring that our employment process is open to all individuals. General Dynamics IT provides reasonable accommodations to individuals who need assistance during any part of the employment process due to a disability, medical condition, or physical or mental impairment. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis.
• If you need assistance to navigate General Dynamics IT's Careers website or to apply for a position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703-995-3003. Please provide your contact information and let us know how we can assist you.
• If you are selected for further consideration and need an accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please notify your Recruiting Representative. Please note that this email address and/or phone number should only be used for inquiries concerning a request for accommodation. All other inquiries should be sent to email@example.com
to see your rights under the Family Medical Leave Act.
for a summary of your equal employment opportunity rights on the "EEO is the Law" poster.
to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement
GDIT participates in E-Verify. Download the PDF for more details
GDIT participa en E-Verify. Descargue el PDF para más detalles.
General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. It is the policy of General Dynamics IT to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under federal, state or local laws. We invite and encourage former employees to explore new opportunities with us. Rejoining the company can enhance newly acquired skills and build on the strong fundamental skills developed at General Dynamics. Employees that return to the company may be eligible for reinstatement of some benefits based on total years of service.