Click column header to sort
Do you hold an active US government security clearance? Are you interested in work that gives you the opportunity to use your skills to solve complex problems? Would you like to join a team that encourages ingenuity and is mission driven? Would you like to join an organization that makes a difference for our warfighters and our citizens?
GDIT was recently awarded the Joint Strike Fighter (JSF) F-35 IT program support contract. We are providing knowledge-based, information assurance and cybersecurity IT services to the F-35 JSF Virtual Enterprise (JVE) network in support of the F-35 Lightning II Joint Program Office (JPO). Our services include program management, enterprise performance management, enterprise architecture, implementation of emerging capabilities and requirements, life cycle management, operations & maintenance, enterprise data management, service desk support and IT training.
We are building a team of dedicated professionals and are currently seeking a Senior Systems Administrator.
- Design and implement computer and information such as Storage Area Network environments.
- erform network modeling, analysis, and planning, including analysis of capacity needs for network infrastructures.
- Analyze science, engineering, business, and other data processing problems to develop and implement solutions to complex applications problems, system administration issues, or network concerns.
- Utilize strong technical skills as they relate to numerous systems and storage technologies including, but not limited to: NetApp, Windows Server 2003/2008/2012, Exchange Server 2007/2010, Microsoft SQL Server 2008/2012, DC's/DNS, DFS, Active Directory, DHCP, Wave, IIS, VMware vSphere 5, ESXi 5, Cisco UCS/Nexus, Infoblox, SCCM, Hyper-V.
- Provide in-depth analysis and technical support of systems, including complex problem resolution, design, development, testing, operational integration, and user support.
- Provide operating systems planning and evaluation for performance analysis, capacity planning and hardware upgrades.
- Use Windows and Unix/Linux shell scripting, including PowerShell and Perl, knowledge of LAN/WAN architecture, TCP/IP, firewall/VLAN configuration, hardware-based load balancing, encryption, and network security best practices.
- Configure NetApp SAN environment and implement NAS protocols and use applications in a VM and NetApp Fibre Channel/SAN environment.
- Utilize NFS, CIFS, SAN, TCP/IP, RAID, LUN Management.
- Perform systems management and integration functions, improve existing computer systems, and review computer system capabilities, workflow, and schedule limitations.
- May analyze or recommend commercially available software.
- May also design network and computer security measures.
Responsible for the design and development of voice, video, radio frequency, and/or data communications networks.
Installs and configures network hardware and software. Monitors and responds to network faults utilizing a variety of tools and techniques. Provides network troubleshooting and support. Administers network security per DISA and Army Risk Management Framework. Provides guidance and leadership to less-experienced technicians. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned. Participates in special projects as required.
The Network Technician must be able to operate without technical supervision, resolve complex hardware and software problems, and provide guidance and technical support to lesser experienced technicians.
Comprehensive knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in network troubleshooting and support.
Comprehensive knowledge of routers, switches, firewalls, patch panels, copper/fiber cabling, and related network hardware and software.
Comprehensive knowledge of desktop operating systems and applications.
Applicants must possess active TS/SCI clearance with polygraph.
Responsible for resolving IT hardware and software infrastructure (servers, network, security, etc.) issues using systems analysis techniques and procedures to ensure appropriate function of hardware, software or system functional specifications. Analyzes, troubleshoots and resolves issues with IT infrastructure including user systems, servers, storage and network connectivity. Provides system administration for assigned infrastructure and establishes and maintains security as it relates to users. Applies security patches and operating system upgrades to ensure the security and integrity of the technical environment. Supports new infrastructure projects. Maintains all configuration documentation for assigned infrastructure.
1. Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
2. Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems.
3. Sets up administrator and service accounts.
4. Maintains system documentation
5. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
6. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
7. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
8. May program in an administrative language.
9. Oversees implementation of testing strategies and documentation of results.
10. Provides advice and training to end-users.
11. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff members, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
12. Serves as a technical team or task leader.
13. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
14. Participates in special projects as required.
Reviews and analyzes information gathered during background investigations
1. Analyzes, summarizes and verifies information gathered during background investigations
2. Using various databases conducts searches on information needed to determinate if an individual qualifies for a clearance
3. Reviews derogatory or conflicting information and seeks additional information to clarify questionable information and discrepancies
4. If necessary, interviews Subject in person, by phone, or through written correspondence
5. May provide final recommendation for security clearance eligibility
6. Updates and maintains appropriate security records following government's requirements
7. Participates in review panels and meetings to address specific security cases with senior adjudicators and security officials
8. Participates in special projects as required
Provides military subject matter expertise to assigned programs
- Serve as subject matter expert (SME) in Joint Fires and Air Integration for the Special Operations Mission Command Exercises conducted at FBNC and outlying locations.
- Plan, prepare, coordinate and execute Joint Special Operations Mission Readiness Exercises focused on units from Battalion to Group / Brigade level.
- Possess ability to develop Joint Special Operations supporting plans, programs, and products; coordinate for the dissemination of products; and synchronize related activities into strategic, operational, tactical, operations in support of joint exercises.
- Requires operational and functional targeting expertise.
- Must be able to provide timely, high quality targeting products for training events.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the understanding and applications of Joint Effects Based Operations.
- Conduct target development at the basic, intermediate, and advanced stages in support of Component and Joint Force requirements. Target materials produced include textual descriptions of targets, Joint Designated Points of Impact (JDPIs) and associated graphics, weaponeering, precise geo-positioning point mensuration (PPM) and collateral damage estimates (CDE).
- Possess knowledge and continuity regarding all aspects of the target development process and resulting target materials. Must be able to effectively develop collaborative solutions to complex problems.
- Must demonstrate an understanding of Combined/Joint Force Air Component Command (CJFACC) Operational and Tactical level operations requirements.
- Must have some understanding of Joint Air/Ground SOF operations and detailed understanding of military airspace and close air support requirements.
- Ability to coordinate and produce air tasking orders, airspace coordination measures, grid reference graphics, and exercise special instructions, and a thorough understanding of fire support tactics, techniques and procedures.
- Must be current, knowledgeable and relevant by extensive recent operational experience, of Combined, US and Joint Operations from the tactical to the strategic level`.
- Possesses active SECRET security clearance and eligible for TS/SCI as required.
- Limited Temporary Duty required for exercise support.
- Leadership and management skills necessary to provide required direction and guidance for projected growth and expansion of project.
- Prefer former joint specialty qualified, with experience in plans/operations, and recent overseas contingency operations experience as officer or contractor desired.
- Must have attended the Joint Fires Course or Airforce Equivalent courses
- JTAC graduate
- Prefer experience in a Close Air Support military platform and/or Air Battle Manager Experience.
- Ability to work independently and/or with small teams.
- Minimum Education Requirement: Bachelor’s degree. Two years of related military experience or two years of experience researching, planning, preparing, coordinating, and executing Mission Rehearsal and Command Post Exercises (MRX/CPX) may substitute for academic degree.
Fabricates, tests, troubleshoots, repairs and modifies electronic developmental and production equipment, parts, components, and systems according to engineering instructions.
1. Performs moderately complex technical functions in support of engineering activities such as set up, operation, maintenance, modification, circuit testing, calibration and troubleshooting of electronic or electro-mechanical components and systems, experimental design circuitry, prototype models or specialized test equipment.
2. Works from schematics, diagrams, written and verbal instructions.
3. Conducts engineering tests to collect design data or assist in general research work.
4. Diagnoses and isolates malfunctions, and makes necessary repairs.
5. Assists in the development of electronic equipment.
6. Repairs or modifies cables and equipment returned by operational users or by personnel in the associated test and development laboratories.
7. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
8. Participates in special projects as required.
Analyzes user needs and performs research and functional analysis on a variety of projects
Provides direct administrative support to a member of the ELT or senior customer executive.
8 hour workday -9am -3pm core hours. Familiarity with Customer administrative activities is required. Should be familiar with Customer Computer Environment and associated applications (Access Requests, Corporate Action Tool, MS-Office Suite to include Outlook). Able to work individually or within a team and /externally . Excellent customer service skills. Able to lift 20-40 lbs. (receiving office supplies). Occasional Travel to other buildings. Proficient in Timesheets, Travel Systems, Purchasing System, Cables, and Access requests. Experience using office equipment (i.e.printers, facsimile). Calendar management. Deconflict meetings/schedules. Prioritize schedules, complete vouchers and network throughout the area of assignment to coordinate tasks. Monitor phones, screen calls and vets unexpected visitors. Track actions and generate reminders of deadlines. Manage office supplies and assist with office renovations/relocations. Transportation arrangements. Prepare conference room and VTC for bi weekly meeting Attend meeting, collect/disseminate meeting minutes, and track actions. Proof read and format written work of others. Update SOPs. Responsible for daily retrieval of Presidential Daily Brief(PDB)IPADS and retuning them to Mission Center. Responsible for low complexity CONUS travel arrangement and vouchers.
Provides direct administrative support to a member of the ELT or senior customer executive.
core hours 9-3, flexible within core hrs. Full range of admin support for group FO staff to include 2 senior executive managers. Must be familiar with customer travel systems/processes. Proactively disseminate information to appropriate individuals.
Provides installation, maintenance and troubleshooting support of information systems applications and related peripheral hardware.
Maintain, operate and support the following systems: Joint Worldwide Intelligence Communications System (JWICS) network and Video Teleconference (VTC) room based suites; JWICS network desktop VTC devices (currently 40); Non-Secure Internet Protocol (NIPR) and Secure Internet Protocol Router Network (SIPR) network and Video Teleconference (VTC) room based devices; SIPR desktop VTC devices (currently 50); JWICS Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) Telecommunication devices (currently 69); SIPR Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) Telecommunication devices (currently 127 on a closed training network, and 59 on SIPR); Telepresence Video Communication Server (VCS); Telepresence Management Suite Server (TMS); Unified Call Manager Server (UCM); Codecs; Cameras; A/V Equipment- Mixers, microphones, stands, surge protectors, extension cords; Workstations, Thin Clients, and any additional systems installed during this period of performance in any USAICoE facility.
- Maintain, operate, coordinate, and schedule all JWICS VTC events by utilizing the JWICS VC Wizard software provided by the Defense Intelligence Agency, and/or the Global Video Services (GVS) scheduler software provided by the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA).
- Monitor and troubleshoot VTC suites via the Defense Intelligence Agency’s worldwide network operations center.
Install, configure, maintain, and network VoIP devices for JWICS and SIPR networks. Manage devices through Unified Call Manager Servers.
Be able to work non-standard hours in support USAICoE G6 mission support.
Accessibility and Accommodations
For Individuals with Disabilities, Medical Conditions, or Physical or Mental Impairments:
General Dynamics IT is committed to ensuring that our employment process is open to all individuals. General Dynamics IT provides reasonable accommodations to individuals who need assistance during any part of the employment process due to a disability, medical condition, or physical or mental impairment. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis.
• If you need assistance to navigate General Dynamics IT's Careers website or to apply for a position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703-995-3003. Please provide your contact information and let us know how we can assist you.
• If you are selected for further consideration and need an accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please notify your Recruiting Representative. Please note that this email address and/or phone number should only be used for inquiries concerning a request for accommodation. All other inquiries should be sent to email@example.com
to see your rights under the Family Medical Leave Act.
for a summary of your equal employment opportunity rights on the "EEO is the Law" poster.
to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement
GDIT participates in E-Verify. Download the PDF for more details
GDIT participa en E-Verify. Descargue el PDF para más detalles.
General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. It is the policy of General Dynamics IT to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under federal, state or local laws. We invite and encourage former employees to explore new opportunities with us. Rejoining the company can enhance newly acquired skills and build on the strong fundamental skills developed at General Dynamics. Employees that return to the company may be eligible for reinstatement of some benefits based on total years of service.